Looking for interesting work that fits your lifestyle? Look no further! Appen, a language technology solutions and consulting firm, has a great career opportunity for you. As a global leader, we help some of the world’s top Internet search engine companies reach international markets by leveraging our expertise in over 50 languages and dialects.
We are seeking Internet-savvy Web Search Evaluators who are fluent in English and Irish. In this exciting contract role you’ll use your skills and experience to improve the relevance of Internet search results for everyone. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing global team for the world’s top Internet search engine companies! We offer flexible work schedules, competitive pay, free training, and the ability to work from home.
As a Web Search Evaluator, you will evaluate the quality and relevance of the Internet for our top clients. This involves contemplating user intent, comparing webpages, and then determining which one has the best relevance. We will provide you with standards and scoring guidelines, personal support and training, so you can be successful!
Before you receive your first assignment you will complete a qualification process of 5-30 hours over a 1-3 week period. Once accepted on a project, you must meet consistent service levels that measure the accuracy of your work.
Web Search Evaluators schedule:
• 4 hours a day Monday through Friday (with the flexibility to choose when you work each day)
• 20-22 hours per week
We are moving fast… and so could your career; it’s all up to you. As new projects open up, you’ll have opportunities to increase your ability to earn. So, if you are a fast-thinking, flexible person who embraces new challenges, this could be the position for you! Take a look at the requirements below to see if this position will be a good fit.
• A passionate and avid interest in working with the Internet.
• Experience with Web browsers in navigating a variety of content.
• A broad interest and current knowledge of web-based culture, media, sports, news, and business.
• The flexibility and patience to learn in an environment of changing standards and tasks.
• The willingness to seek guidance and coaching when uncertain.
• Ability to follow instructions without allowing personal experience or sentiment to cloud judgment.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to focus and maintain accuracy in a time-sensitive environment.
• The ability to work independently with effective time management skills.
• Fluency in written and verbal English.
• Excellent research skills, critical thinking and decision making skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Personal Windows PC or laptop that runs Windows 7 or above.
• A high-speed Internet connection
• Basic aptitude for installing applications, and troubleshooting and addressing software issues with limited support.
Link to apply: