Dance Ireland seeks to recruit either one full-time receptionist or two part-time receptionists who will be based at DanceHouse. Reporting to the General Manager, the primary function of this role is as receptionist with administrative duties and additional tasks as required. As the welcoming face of the venue, the post holder will be confident and friendly. The nature of the work requires a flexible person who is willing to work a variety of shifts. Normal DanceHouse opening hours* are:
• Meet and greet all visitors in a friendly, efficient and professional manner;
• Offer an efficient and courteous service to enquirers by phone, email and in person;
• Provide information on Dance Ireland and DanceHouse activities and events;
• Undertake all operational duties which assist in the smooth running of the venue;
• Cash handling;
• Ensure that studios are set up for use (includes setting up chairs, ballet barres etc);
• General administrative support.
• One year’s experience as a receptionist or in an administrative role;
• Excellent people and communication skills;
• Polite phone manner;
• Proficient computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Organisational skills;
• Fluent English;
• Good self-presentation.
Please submit a CV and a cover note expressing your preference to work full-time or part-time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 6 July 2011.
Selected applicants will be invited to interview on Wednesday 20 July 2011.
Successful candidate(s) will be required to commence work on the week beginning 15 August 2011.
*this is a guide only. Opening and closing times can vary from time to time.