As a telesales operator, you'll be working in a business or call centre, contacting potential customers by telephone. Your job is to try and persuade them to buy your company's services, or at least accept a trial. You may also carry out market research.
Your working day is spent on the phone making outgoing calls based on a script. During each phone call, you're likely to:
• Describe the product benefits and any special offers.
• Give advice about how these may benefit customers personally.
• Persuade customers to accept a trial period or a visit from a sales representative.
• Gather and document information about the customer.
• Enter your notes into a computer, including dates for follow up calls.
The work is fast paced and intense, and you have only a short amount of time to build rapport with customers and explain the features and benefits of the product.
To be a telesales operator you'll need:
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• A polite, confident and friendly manner
• Confidence using computers
• To enjoy working with customers and building relationships.
• A positive attitude.
• Flexibility and quick thinking.
• Perseverance and the ability to respect customers' answers.
• Good knowledge about all the company's products and services.
• To be well-organised and thorough, even under pressure.
• To enjoy working within a target-driven team environment.
• To understand and comply with the legislation relating to direct marketing.
Please contact Hr Department by email: email@example.com